Follow on Bloglovin

Τρίτη 23 Απριλίου 2013

The Phoenix At Midday-BPAL



PERFUME: The Phoenix At Midday

COMPANY: BPAL

AVAILABILITY: BPAL Anniversary 2011

OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION: The blazing fires of nona hora: blood orange, mimosa, gingergrass, golden amber, saffron, tonka absolute, pomegranate, neroli, and bourbon geranium. This Phoenix embodies vitality, ferocity, determination, passion, and strength of will.

I wore this today because I had a job interview and I really needed determination and strength of will. Not that it was my dream job but anyway. The funny thing is that when I arrived to the office for the interview I never entered… It was in a neighbour with a very bad reputation and even if it was only 2 o’clock in the afternoon I was feeling so uncomfortable I decided to leave…. I could see only prostitutes, “red light” houses and junkies around me. Well, I am so glad I am home!

FROM THE DECANT/BOTTLE:  Red musk isn’t listed but I think I can smell it here. As well with the bourbon geranium (and lately I love that note!) and the Neroli. It’s very complex and every time I put the decant close to my nose I smell something else.

WET ON SKIN: This is a red colored oil by the way, very pretty!  Wet in my wrist is very juicy blood oranges and gingergrass. I continue to smell bourbon geranium.
It’s a citrusy blend but not a tart or a fresh one. The amber, the saffron and the tonka make this richer  and they give another dimension to the fruits.
The floral notes here are very faint except from the bourbon geranium.

DRY DOWN: Pomegranate and oranges. I am getting the light spice from the saffron and a hint of tonka. It stays that way for hours.


2 σχόλια:

  1. I'm sorry the job was in such a sketchy area. I'm glad you followed your gut feeling and left. I figure that most things happen for a reason, so maybe it would have been a job that made you unhappy!

    This perfume does sound uplifting, and perfect for a job interview. I've only had one experience with neroli, from a Possets perfume, and it was really overpowering; so I didn't end up liking it. But I bet it could be very beautiful in the right blend!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. It was in a call center so, I didn't really want to work there. I just thought I could do this for the Summer...

    I love neroli! It has such a delicate scent. If you mean Dark lady from Possets, This one didn't work for me either.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή